Ocean County Criminal Defense Attorney
Aggressive South Jersey Lawyer Helps Clients Fight Criminal Charges for Drug and Weapons Crimes in Ocean County, NJ
If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime in Ocean County, NJ, whether it’s a drug or weapons offense, an assault crime, or a theft crime, you need to know that the consequences associated with a conviction are extremely serious. You may be forced to pay stiff fines, forfeit your driving privileges, sustain a criminal record, and serve time in jail or prison.
Don’t go it alone. Contact an aggressive criminal defense lawyer who will put the full force of more than 35 years of experience to work defending you against your Ocean County charges. At the Law Firm of John W. Tumelty, we never judge; instead, we explain your rights, answer your questions, and get to work doing everything possible to protect your interests. Call our office today for a free consultation about your South Jersey criminal charges.
Former State Prosecutor Can Defend You Against Serious Criminal Charges in Ocean County, New Jersey
You need to choose a criminal defense lawyer with a strong reputation and the tenacity to do what’s needed to fight your criminal charges. Mr. Tumelty is a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Criminal Trial Attorney and NJ Supreme Certified Court Municipal Court Law Attorney. He knows the prosecutors in Ocean County and he will work tirelessly to help you when you face any of the following serious criminal charges in Ocean County, NJ:
- Drug Crimes: Possession, possession with the intent to distribute drugs like pot, heroin, or cocaine, drug manufacturing, drug trafficking, possession of illegal prescription medicines, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Violent Crimes: Murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, rape, and arson.
- Casino Crimes: Any crimes in a hotel or casino, including casino theft, cheating scams, disorderly conduct, trespassing, and underage gambling.
- Weapons Offenses: Certain persons offenses, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, and unlawful possession of handguns, paintball guns, Airsoft guns, and BB guns.
- Assault: Fighting offenses including simple assault, aggravated assault, and vehicular assault.
- Theft: Shoplifting, robbery, burglary, credit card or check fraud, and receiving stolen property.
- DWI Charges and Traffic Violations: These are not criminal charges and will be heard in municipal traffic court. However, the consequences are extremely severe. We fight charges relating to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI), refusing a breath test, distracted driving (texting), speeding, and more.
- White Collar Crimes: Business fraud, insurance fraud, all computer-related crimes, identity theft, embezzlement, and forgery.
- Domestic Violence: We fight temporary and final restraining orders and will defend you against charges relating to stalking, harassment, and spousal abuse.
- Juvenile Offenses: Possession of a fake ID, drug possession, shoplifting, and underage drinking.
- Sex Offenses: Sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, child pornography, prostitution, solicitation, and issues relating to Megan’s Law.
John W. Tumelty will negotiate skillfully to get your charges dismissed or downgraded. He will also attempt to get you a plea bargain, when necessary. Mr. Tumelty is an aggressive trial lawyer who will fiercely defend your rights and fight your charges in a courtroom if your case goes to trial.
Mr. Tumelty handles cases throughout Ocean County, including:
- Barnegat Light
- Bay Head
- Beach Haven
- Berkeley Township
- Harvey Cedars
- Island Heights
- Lacey Township
- Little Egg Harbor
- Long Beach
- Ocean Gate
- Ocean Township
- Pine Beach
- Plumsted Township
- Point Pleasant
- Point Pleasant Beach
- Seaside Heights
- Seaside Park
- Ship Bottom
- South Toms River
- Stafford Township
- Surf City
- Toms River
Contact NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer John Tumelty for Free About Your Criminal Charges in Ocean County, New Jersey
You have many criminal defense lawyers to choose from in Ocean County. Make the right choice. John W. Tumelty was a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Criminal Justice. As a state prosecutor, Mr. Tumelty investigated and prosecuted major crimes. So, he understands how the other side builds its cases. Mr. Tumelty will put his experience to work for you and help you fight your charges. Call Mr. Tumelty today about any criminal charges you are facing in Ocean County, NJ, including charges for robbery, sexual assault, or a serious drug crime.
Mr. Tumelty has offices in Atlantic City, Marmora, and Somers Point. He will discuss your case over the phone, meet with you at one of his offices, or come to you anywhere in South Jersey (including jail). Contact Mr. Tumelty 24/7 for a free consultation about your Ocean County criminal charges. He is on your side.