Criminal Lawyer in Cape May County
Seasoned South Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney John Tumelty Fights Charges on Behalf Clients Throughout Cape May County, New Jersey
Cape May County is a beautiful place to live and visit. However, make no mistake about it: law enforcement officers and county prosecutors in Cape May County, NJ take crime very seriously. If you are arrested and charged with violating the law in Cape May County, including Sea Isle City, Wildwood, and Ocean City, you will soon be facing the fight of your life. In fact, depending on your charges, your life as you know it may change forever. Conviction for a serious NJ criminal charge will damage your reputation, leave you with a criminal record, and limit your freedom.
You aren’t alone. You need to make one phone call to an aggressive criminal defense lawyer who has been protecting the rights of clients in South Jersey for over 30 years. Attorney John W. Tumelty will thoroughly investigate the circumstances that led to your criminal charges in Cape May County, New Jersey.
Criminal Lawyer, John Tumelty is a former prosecutor, so he understands how the other side thinks and builds its cases. He will use that knowledge and experience when negotiating with prosecutors about your Cape May County charges. Contact our firm today for a free consultation about your case. We are available 24/7.
When You Face Serious Criminal Charges in Cape May County, Turn to a Defense Lawyer You Can Trust
Arrested in Cape May County, NJ? You need an aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side and providing sound legal representation for the following criminal charges:
- Casino Crimes: Cheating scams, underage gambling, assaults, casino theft, criminal trespass, and disorderly conduct in casino hotels.
- DWI Charges and Traffic Violations: Breath test refusal, reckless driving, distracted driving, DWI, DUI drugs, and speeding.
- Drug Charges: Simple possession or possession with the intent to distribute, drug distribution, possession of illegal prescription drugs, and possession of drug paraphernalia relating to heroin, marijuana, and cocaine.
- Theft and Fraud Crimes: Robbery, burglary, check fraud, shoplifting, credit card fraud, and receiving stolen property.
- Gun and Weapons Offenses: Unlawful possession of many different kinds of weapons, including handguns, BB guns, Airsoft guns, and paintball guns.
- Juvenile Crimes: Underage drinking, possession of a fake ID, shoplifting, and drug possession.
- Sex Crimes: Megan’s Law sex registry issues, sexual assault, prostitution, aggravated sexual assault, sexting, and child pornography.
- Assault: Fighting, simple assault, vehicular assault, and aggravated assault.
- Domestic Violence: Harassment, spousal abuse, stalking, harassment, and defense of restraining orders.
- White Collar Crimes: Business fraud, computer crimes, forgery, embezzlement, and ID theft.
John W. Tumelty has successfully represented clients in courts throughout Cape May County, NJ, including:
- Cape May
- Cape May Point
- Dennis Township
- Lower Township
- Middle Township
- North Wildwood
- Ocean City
- Sea Isle City
- Stone Harbor
- Upper Township
- West Cape May
- West Wildwood
- Wildwood Crest
Cape May County Criminal Defense Attorney Helps Clients Beat Criminal Charges in South Jersey
You may have heard of the Miranda Warning. It gives you the right to remain silent when arrested by police. You also have the right to contact an attorney. Use those rights! Do not speak with anyone about your charges until you’ve met with John W. Tumelty. He will come to you when necessary to discuss your case and handle all interviews with Cape May County law enforcement on your behalf.
If you or someone you know is facing criminal charges in South Jersey, your freedom may be on the line. You need an aggressive lawyer with many years of experience and a solid track record of winning cases on behalf of clients. You can rely on John Tumelty to do everything possible to get your case dismissed. If necessary, he will negotiate with prosecutors to secure the best possible plea bargain for you. When negotiations fail, Mr. Tumelty will fight your case in court. He is a Supreme Court certified criminal trial attorney and he will put his knowledge and experience to work for you.
Contact Mr. Tumelty’s law offices in Atlantic City, Somers Point, or Marmora, NJ to schedule your free consultation with a savvy criminal defense lawyer who will fight for you.