Criminal Lawyer in Atlantic County
Experienced NJ Attorney Defends Clients Who Face Serious Criminal Charges in Atlantic County, New Jersey
New Jersey law enforcement officials take crime very seriously. If you are suspected of committing a crime, whether at a casino in Atlantic City or anywhere else in Atlantic County, NJ, you will probably face severe charges that include stiff fines, a criminal record, and significant time behind bars in prison or jail.
You need an aggressive criminal defense lawyer who not only knows New Jersey criminal statutes but who will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and your freedom. Former state prosecutor John W. Tumelty has been successfully using his experience and knowledge for more than 30 years defending clients charged with crimes in Atlantic County, including Atlantic City, Galloway Township, Somers Point, and throughout South Jersey. Contact the Law Offices of John W. Tumelty today to schedule a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer who will go all the way to defend you against your charges.
Former State Prosecutor Vigorously Protects the Rights of Clients Charged with Crimes in Atlantic County and Across South Jersey
Experience matters, as does who you know. John W. Tumelty is a former prosecutor who understands how prosecutors in Atlantic County, Cape May County, and Ocean County build their cases. He will put that experience to work defending you against your South Jersey criminal charges.
Mr. Tumelty offers free consultations for anyone facing any of the following criminal charges in Atlantic County, NJ:
- Drug Charges: Heroin, marijuana, cocaine, simple possession or possession with the intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of illegal prescription medications.
- Juvenile Defense: Possession of a fake ID, drug possession, shoplifting, possession of a fake ID, and underage drinking.
- Casino Crimes: Underage gambling, casino theft, cheating scams, assault, disorderly conduct, and criminal trespass in casino hotels.
- DWI Charges and Traffic Violations: DUI, DWI, breath test refusal, speeding, and reckless driving.
- Sex Crimes: Prostitution, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, child pornography, sexting, and Megan’s Law issues.
- Assault: Aggravated assault, fighting offenses, simple assault, and vehicular assault.
- Theft and Fraud Offenses: Burglary, shoplifting, robbery, check fraud, credit card fraud, and receiving stolen property.
- Gun & Weapons Offenses: Unlawful possession of many different kinds of weapons, including handguns, BB guns, Airsoft guns, and paintball guns.
- White Collar Crimes: Computer crimes, embezzlement, forgery, ID theft, and business fraud.
- Domestic Violence: Restraining order defense, spousal abuse, harassment, and stalking.
John Tumelty represents clients in the Atlantic County Superior Court and in municipal courts throughout Atlantic County, NJ, including courts in:
- Atlantic City
- Buena Vista Township
- Corbin City
- Egg Harbor City
- Egg Harbor Township
- Estell Manor
- Galloway Township
- Hamilton Township
- Margate City
- Mullica Township
- Port Republic
- Somers Point
- Ventnor City
- Weymouth Township
Facing Criminal Charges in Atlantic County, NJ? Contact a Successful Criminal Defense Attorney Who Will Fight for You
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges in Atlantic City, you may be scared and overwhelmed. After all, your job, your reputation, and even your freedom are all at stake. Don’t trust your case to just any criminal defense attorney. You need to contact an attorney who will leave no stone unturned as he builds your defense strategy. John W. Tumelty will seek to discredit witness accounts and contest the evidence against you. He will investigate your case to see if the police made any mistakes and to determine whether your constitutional rights were violated. And he will fight for you in the courtroom.
You are not alone. Mr. Tumelty will answer your questions, explain your charges and your rights, and get to work defending you against your serious charges. Contact our offices in Atlantic City, Somers Point, or Marmora today to schedule a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer you can trust.