Top-Rated South Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer in Atlantic County
A bright and promising future can be destroyed by a criminal conviction. Not only can a conviction result in the loss of your freedom; it can also make it difficult for you to secure or maintain employment. Information about all criminal convictions in New Jersey is a matter of public record and can be found in a simple online search. Imagine how a future employer will react when a conviction shows up on a background check. Your chances of being hired will likely be seriously affected by a blemished record. Further, many crimes come with serious jail time.
Atlantic County Attorney, John W. Tumelty is the founding partner of the Law Offices of John W. Tumelty and is a former Prosecutor. He brings more than 35 years of experience to both the negotiating table and the courtroom on behalf of his clients. He is passionate about protecting his clients’ reputations and livelihood by crafting creative defense strategies that keep his clients out of jail. If you have been charged with a crime in South Jersey, you need a lawyer who will fight tirelessly on your behalf. Call or email Mr. Tumelty today for a free consultation about your case. Mr. Tumelty is a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Criminal Trial Attorney and New Jersey Supreme Court Municipal Court Law Attorney.
Former State Prosecutor Represents Clients Charged with Various Crimes
If you or someone you know is facing any of these criminal charges, please call our office to speak to an attorney about your defense strategy:
- Casino crimes, including casino theft, cheating scams, underage gambling, disorderly conduct in casino hotels, assaults, and criminal trespass.
- Juvenile defense: If your child has been charged with drug possession, shoplifting, possession of a fake ID, or underage drinking, Mr. Tumelty will guide them through the complicated juvenile justice system in New Jersey and make sure that they don’t end up with a permanent criminal record.
- Drug charges, including simple possession of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, heroin and cocaine offenses, possession of illegal prescription medications, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Mr. Tumelty also contests invalid search warrants and challenges the admissibility of evidence obtained through illegal search and seizure techniques.
- DWI charges and traffic violations: By knowing the procedures and equipment utilized by New Jersey law enforcement in DWI cases, Mr. Tumelty knows how to beat DUI charges, including first offense DWI, breath test refusal, and driving under the influence of drugs.
- Gun and other weapons offenses: NJ law imposes serious penalties on unlawful possession of many different kinds of weapons, including handguns, paintball guns, Airsoft guns, and BB guns.
- White collar crimes, including defense of clients accused of business fraud, computer crimes, embezzlement, forgery, and identity theft.
- Domestic violence: Mr. Tumelty fervently protects the rights of individuals accused of spousal abuse, harassment, criminal contempt, and stalking, and represents clients at temporary and final restraining order hearings.
- Sex crimes: Whether you’ve been charged with sexual assault, child abuse, child pornography, or prostitution, it is imperative that you speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who can explain the legal implications and help you avoid the most serious consequences. Mr. Tumelty also assists clients who were previously convicted and helps them get removed from Megan’s Law registration requirements.
- Assault offenses, including charges of simple assault, aggravated assault, vehicular assault, and fighting offenses.
- Theft and fraud offenses, including shoplifting, burglary, robbery, credit card fraud, check fraud, and receiving stolen property.
- Bail hearings, probation violations, and pre-trial intervention
- Eluding police, resisting arrest, and obstruction of justice
- Self defense cases
- Terroristic threats
- Criminal Defense FAQ
Speak with an Experienced Atlantic City Attorney Who Is Committed to Helping You Beat Your Criminal Charges in Atlantic County
If you are facing criminal charges, your reputation, your livelihood, and your freedom are at stake. Don’t go it alone. You need to make a call to secure the legal representation of a criminal defense lawyer with years of experience. John W. Tumelty has served as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Criminal Justice. As a state prosecutor, he investigated and prosecuted major felony crimes. He has also served as an assistant county prosecutor with the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office, Trial Section, prosecuting felony offenses like murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, armed robbery, aggravated sexual assault, aggravated assault, vehicular homicide, and serious drug crimes.
Mr. Tumelty puts all those years of experience on the prosecutor’s side of the courtroom to work fighting tirelessly to defend the rights of his NJ clients charged with crimes. He has defended clients in courtrooms throughout New Jersey, including the New Jersey Supreme Court. In fact, Mr. Tumelty has been a New Jersey Supreme Court certified trial attorney since 1995.
At the end of the day, titles don’t win cases. Aggressive, strategic criminal defense wins cases. John W. Tumelty has a long track record of winning cases for his clients. He is a skilled negotiator who will work with prosecutors to secure the best possible plea agreement in your case. When necessary, however, he is a capable, aggressive litigator who is prepared to fight for you in the courtroom should your case go to trial.
Call the Law Offices of John W. Tumelty Today; He Will Protect Your Rights & Freedom
If you or someone you know is facing criminal charges in Atlantic City, Longport, Margate, Ventnor, Brigantine, Glassboro and throughout New Jersey, it is imperative that you contact an attorney who will put your needs first. John W. Tumelty is available right now to take your call, or you can use the convenient contact form to request a free consultation at his Atlantic City, Marmora or Somers Point offices. When you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, John Tumelty is here – 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact him today to discuss your case and determine right away what needs to be done to get your charges dismissed so you can move on with your life.