6 Types of Drug Crimes in NJ
Prosecutors in New Jersey can be absolutely ruthless when it comes to drug crimes. No matter what your situation was when you were arrested, you can receive severe penalties (harsh prison sentences, long stays at rehab facilities, large fines, etc.) and a record that’s permanently ruined.
If you’re charged with any of the following crimes, contact an experienced attorney right away to get help.
1) Simple possession of marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, and illegal prescriptions.
2) Possession of drug paraphernalia. Marijuana possession charges and drug paraphernalia charges often go hand-in-hand.
3) Drug distribution. This could be the intent to distribute or the actual sale and distribution of drugs. Punishment could include a lengthy prison sentence, especially if it was in a school zone.
4) Drug conspiracy. These are usually added to charges like drug possession or drug distribution if the crime involved more than one person.
5) Possession of drugs in a motor vehicle. If cops find drugs in your car, you could get bigger penalties like a suspended driver’s license.
6) Prescription fraud. Getting prescription drugs through fraud is a big offense that leads to huge penalties.
Experienced Atlantic City, NJ Drug Charge Defense Lawyer Fights to Keep You Out of Jail
When you’ve been charged with a drug crime in New Jersey, it is imperative that you speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who will ensure that your legal rights are protected.
Fill out the online form or call the Law Offices of John W. Tumelty today at 609.385.4010 to speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer about your case. Take advantage of the opportunity to get a former prosecutor on your side.
Mr. Tumelty knows how to keep you out of jail and help you avoid a criminal record. He will be happy to look over the details of your case and help you determine the best strategy for beating your drug charges.